EViews 9 features a wide range of exciting changes and improvements. The following is an overview of the most important new features in EViews 9.
- Command capture from the interactive interface.
- Dockable command and capture window interface.
- Database and workfile object preview.
- Enhanced import and linking of data.
- A powerful new FRED database interface.
- Direct read and write access to data stored on cloud drive services.
- Dated data table template support for saving and importing customized settings.
- New frequency conversion methods.
Graphs, Tables and Spools
- New mixed graph types.
- Graph pan and zoom.
- Multi-graph viewing slideshow.
- Rectangle and ellipse drawing.
- Arrow, rectangle, and ellipse data-based anchoring.
- Tables, graphs, and spools may now be saved in LaTeX format.
Econometrics and Statistics
- Automatic ARIMA forecasting of a series.
- Forecast evaluation and combination testing.
- Forecast averaging.
- VAR Forecasting.
- Autoregressive Distributed Lag regression (ARDL) with automatic lag selection.
- ML and GLS ARMA estimation.
- ARFIMA estimation.
- Pooled mean group estimation of panel data ARDL models.
- Threshold regression.
- A new optimization engine.
Testing and Diagnostics
- Unit root tests with a structural break.
- Cross-section Dependence Tests.
- Panel Effects Tests.