The CBR 2™ motion sensor is TI’s answer to an easy, affordable data collection device! Designed for teachers who want their students to collect and analyze real-world motion data, such as distance, velocity and acceleration. Great for algebra through calculus and statistics, physical science and physics.
CBR 2 motion sensor capabilities and highlights:
- Includes 5 sample classroom activities for math and science
- Pivoting sensor head for easy positioning
It will measure distance, velocity and acceleration – up to 200 samples per second!
- Upgraded design and color
- USB connectivity to the TI-Nspire™ family of handhelds, TI-Nspire™ family of software, and TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators
- Record data from 15 cm (5.9 in.) to 6 m (19.7 ft.)
- Sensitivity switch for normal and track modes
- Use with dynamic tracks, coffee filters, graph match, ball-toss and other activities
- Improved real-time graphing
Compatible with the following calculators:
- TI-84 Family
- TI-Nspire™ Family
CBR 2 motion sensor system includes:
- CBR 2 sonic motion detector
- USB CBR 2-to-calculator cable (for use with TI-84 Plus family calculators)
- Extended length I/O cable, for connecting to calculator input/output port
- 4 AA batteries
- Guidebook: Getting Started with the CBR 2
CBR 2™ Specifications
- Pivoting sensor head (0o – 180o).
- Measures object distance from 0.15 m – 6 m (5.9″ – 19.7 ft).
- Compute 1st and 2nd derivatives (velocity and acceleration) on collected distance data.
- Rugged construction: designed to withstand classroom use.
- Lightweight and comfortable hand-held operation.
- Versatile mounting options with standard camera tripod mounting socket and removable multipurpose clamp which accommodates surfaces of 0″ – 2″ thickness.
- Self-contained application programs are multipurpose and menu-driven, offering simplicity for the novice and flexibility for the accomplished user.
- Status indicators: red/green visible; dual-tone audible (can be disabled).
- Choice of units: feet or meters.
- Variable sampling interval: .05 sec – 1500 sec.
- Temperature compensation available for enhanced accuracy.
- Real-time distance, velocity, and acceleration.
- Data smoothing options: light; medium; heavy.
- Triggering options: calculator ENTER key; CBR TRIGGER button; time delay.
- “Repeat Sample” option uses existing parameters.
- “Easy Sample” option quickly initiates a sample using default settings.
- Operates detached from calculator after setup.
- Input/output port for direct communication with TI-73 Explorer™, TI-82,TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus C, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92, and TI-92 Plus.
- USB Port for direct communication TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus C, TI-Nspire™, TI-Nspire™ CX
- Send data and graphs from calculator to a computer via TI-GRAPH LINK™.
- Operates as a CBL/MBL motion probe.
- Operates with CBL (SONICchannel) programs.
- User Guide with classroom-ready math/science activities for grades 4 through 12.
- Four AA batteries included.
- Six-inch unit-to-unit link cable included.
- CBL 2™ User Guide with classroom activities included.
- TI Resource CD with Technical Reference included.
- Size: 8.5 x 3.4 x 1.1 inches (L x W x H).
- Weight: 8.3 ounces (without batteries).