Introducing the TI Innovator Rover
The educational robotic vehicle that students program with their TI graphing calculators to explore topics in math, science, coding and STEM.
Motion adds a new dimension of engagement in math, science and coding
Programming Rover to move is a fun way to explore topics and concepts in middle grades and high school, promote collaborative problem-solving, and spark lively conversations.
Students program Rover to put math and science in motion, adding a physical dimension to verbal, symbolic and graphic representations. Rover also provides an accessible on-ramp to more advanced coding, STEM and robotics projects.
The TI-Innovator™ Hub translates commands from students’ TI graphing calculators to control Rover. It can also be used separately from Rover to help students develop basic coding and design skills and build working STEM and engineering projects.
TI graphing calculators
TI-Nspire™ CX technology and TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculators open new channels for inquiry, exploration and connection as students use the built-in TI-Basic coding language to program the TI-Innovator™ components.
The TI-Innovator™ Rover is out-of-the-box ready to connect to the TI-Innovator™ Hub, which is placed in a special bay on Rover. Either a TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator or TI-Nspire™ CX handheld is secured with clamps on top of Rover.
Motivate students to think differently
Rover rolls over roadblocks to learning by providing students with a new way to experience — not just see — math. The physical representation creates an additional entry point to problem solving that connects math, coding and movement.
Take the on-ramp to robotics
Rover is an introduction to coding and robotics. The simple programming language that is built into TI graphing technology makes it easy to program the system, run it and troubleshoot to correct or fine-tune performance.
Make math a moving experience
Motion enables students to engage in math from a new perspective. Rover puts math in their world in a way that encourages them to ask, “what if…?” and inspires them to persist in finding solutions to make the vehicle perform the way they want it to.
Built for the classroom
A durable, rechargeable battery powers Rover’s two motors. The vehicle also includes a color sensor; a distance sensor; an LED display; a holder for a marker to draw paths on paper; and a gyroscope to measure heading.
Rover’s design allows for access to the TI-Innovator™ Hub input and output ports, so students can add additional capabilities to their Rover experience.
TI- Innovator Rover Specifications
- Aluminum vehicle chassis
- Rechargeable battery
- Two drive wheels with independent motors
- High-resolution motor shaft encoder sensors
- Marker holder
- Front-mounted ranger
- Bottom-mounted color sensor
- Red-green-blue (RGB) LED
- Controlled by TI-Innovator™ Hub
Compatibility graphing technology
- TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator
- TI-Nspire™ CX handheld
- TI-Nspire™ CX CAS handheld
- TI-Nspire™ CX Student Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Student Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX and TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Teacher Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX Navigator™ Teacher Software
- TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ NC Teacher Software
- One year limited warranty
- E-mail help line: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom activities available
- Workshop Loan Program
TI- Innovator Rover Accessories
TI – Innovator Packs and modules provide the components to extend the capabilities of the TI Innovator Hub.
Rover is a two-wheeled programmable robotic vehicle that works with the TI-Innovator™ Hub.
TI-Innovator™ Breadboard Pack
The TI-Innovator™ Breadboard Pack is ideal for use in exploring electronics principles.
- The components in this pack connect to the TI-Innovator™ Hub breadboard connector
- Contains the needed components for the Path to STEM Projects activities
Pack contains a breadboard and multiple components to explore such as LEDs, Resistors, Thermistor, Switches, Potentiometer, Segment Display, Small DC motor and more.
TI-Innovator™ Breadboard Pack Contents:
- Forty – male to male breadboard jumper cables
- Ten – male to female breadboard jumper cables
- LEDs five (5)- green, ten (10)-red, two (2)-RGB
- Resistors ten (10)-each of 100 Ohm, 1K Ohm, 10K Ohm, 100K Ohm, 10M Ohm
- Assorted capacitors 1- each of 100 µF, 10 µF, 1 µF
- Seven segment display
- 940nm Infrared transmitter and receiver
- Analog temperature sensor
- Potentiometer with knob
- Small DC motor
- Light sensor
- SPDT slide switch
- Eight-Position DIP switch
- 8 100 Ohm resistor SIP package
- Two-Power MOSFET
- Four AA battery holder
From motors to sensors, the I/O Modules plug into the input or output ports of the TI-Innovator™ Hub to quickly and easily expand the capabilities of the TI-Innovator™ Hub. Unless noted otherwise all modules below are sold in a pack of 5.
- Light Sensor*: Sensor that detects the light intensity of the environment.
- White LED*: Light-emitting diode that emits white light
- Vibration Motor*: Coin type motor that vibrates
- Servo Motor*: 360 degree, continuous rotation servo motor
- Temperature: Measures ambient temperature. Available Late Summer 2018
- Hall Sensor: Sensor that measures the Hall Effect. Available Late Summer 2018
- Temperature and Humidity (DHT): Sensor that measures relative humidity and the temperature. Available Late Summer 2018
- Moisture module: Detects the moisture of soil, to judge if there is dampness around the sensor. Available Late Summer 2018
- Water pump: Submergible water pump with tubing. Available Summer 2018
- MOSFET module: Power control components. Available Summer 2018
- Ultrasonic Ranger: Measures distance from the module in centimeters (sold individually)
*Also sold as part of TI-Innovator I/O Module Pack