An easy way to collect and analyze real-world data.
The CBL 2™ system, the second generation of the Calculator-Based LaboratoryTM system, is a portable, handheld, battery-operated data collection device for gathering real-world data. Data collected with a CBL 2™ device can be retrieved and analyzed by TI graphing calculators. With the CBL 2™ and appropriate sensors, you can measure motion, temperature, light, sound, pH, force and much more.
Over 50 sensors from TI and Vernier Software & Technology are available making the CBL 2™ data collection device ideal for middle school math, science, biology, chemistry, physics and high school math. Students discover how math and science affect the world around them by developing hypotheses, conducting experiments and forming conclusions.
- Three collection modes (realtime, non-realtime, FastMode)
- Three buttons (TRANSFER, QUICK SET-UP, START/STOP)
- Three LEDs to indicate status (red, yellow, green)
- Built-in DataMate software
- Compatible with Vernier EasyData® software
- Three sensors included (TI stainless steel temperature, TI light, TI voltage)
- Three analog channels for data collection
- One channel for an ultrasonic motion detector, and digital input and output
- Built-in regression models and statistics features to analyze data
- Additional Vernier Software & Technology sensors available
- Data collection rate up to 50,000 samples per second
- Fits easily in one hand
- TI-9920 AC adaptor (sold separately)
- CBL DIN adaptor support for use with all other compatible sensors (sold separately)
Build In Functionality
- Four channels: three analog inputs, one combined ultrasonic/bi-directional digital port.
- One Mb Flash ROM memory (Operating System is electronically upgradable, update built-in user program, ~600K bytes available for archiving).
- Multi-purpose user program for TI-73 Explorer™, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92, TI-92 Plus built into the Flash memory (easily transferred to the calculator with a button push).
- User programs will be language localized (available on TI Resource CD and TI Website).
- 50,000 sample per second data collection rate (maximum rate).
- Collect up to 12,000 samples and store them on the RAM of the CBL 2™ .
- 24K bytes RAM available on CBL 2™ for data collection.
- Collect data with the push of two buttons using the Quick Setup feature of CBL 2™ (without the use of a calculator).
- Ability to store experiment files along with data sets in the Flash memory.
- Can retrieve stored experiment files using any supported calculator.
- Ability to use CBL 2™ Flash ROM to store (archive) any type of user programs or Apps.
- Compatible with most existing CBL 2™ programs.
- Three LEDs on the CBL 2™ for direct user feedback.
- One-handed design (unique docking cradle included) with attach calculator to CBL 2™ ).
- More than 40 sensors are directly supported with built-in calibration information (TI and Vernier sensors).
- New stainless steel temperature sensor, voltage and light sensors included.
- Ability to add custom sensor to the Sensor menu.
- Ability to “power up” sensors requiring stabilization period (pH sensor, CO2 sensor).
- Real-time data collection from multiple channels.
- Real-time velocity measurements through sonic channel.
- Compute first and second derivatives on collected data.
- Sophisticated data smoothing algorithms built-in.
- Real-time data smoothing available on analog and sonic channel (light, medium, heavy).
- Record absolute or relative time as data is collected.
- Will be compatible with TI Interactive!™
- Collect data on up to four channels simultaneously.
- Battery voltage regulator for improved accuracy at low battery levels.
- Port for connecting to supported calculators and TI-GRAPH LINK™
- Computer based CBL 2™ Flash Manager Software available.
- AC adapter port.
- Four AA batteries included.
- Six-inch unit-to-unit link cable included.
- CBL 2™ User Guide with classroom activities included.
- TI Resource CD with Technical Reference included.
- Size: 8.5 x 3.4 x 1.1 inches (L x W x H).
- Weight: 8.3 ounces (without batteries).